Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Required reading for web developers

I keep a binder at work of articles that I reference frequently. It's called "Everything I Need to Know about Web Design I Learned on the Internet" (I know, it's a stupid title).

I have a markedly different approach to web development from that of my colleagues, and a lot of that comes from the articles in that binder, and their cousins that I haven't printed out.

And a lot of those articles come from A List Apart.

Although the articles presented in their ALA Primer will be slightly beyond most of my intended audience, they represent some of the best thinking around in standards-based web design and development. Many of the ones they mention are the ones in my binder.

So, if you're at all interested in learning web design and/or development, take a look through the primer. Make being able to understand and evaluate the articles presented there your first goal.

As a bonus, they're going to soon publish a part 2 of the list focusing on resources for beginners.

Some favorite articles highlighted in the primer:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home