Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Links in Time

Speaking of Time Magazine, has anyone else noticed the rather bizarre way they cross-link their stories? I'm talking about the sentence-long links peppered throughout the body copy, hawking vaguely related articles.


I'm assuming these are auto-generated by software that scans through the article looking for keywords. It's the same as those hideously intrusive ad links that pop little boxes up from double-underlined words every time your mouse goes anywhere near the text.


I can't decide which version I actually find more intrusive. The Time method is just sneaky enough that you've read half the link before you catch on, whereas the pop-up box leaps out at you and usually obscures what you're trying to read.


In either case, I'd really like them both to go away.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home